- secretly do something kind for someone
- tidy up my classroom at the end of the day
- pray for people who are suffering
- write a note of appreciation to the mail carrier
- collect hat/scarves for the homeless
- call a family member that I rarely talk to
- take cookies to the senior citizens center
- leave a nice note for a neighbor
- write a Christmas card to the President and First Family
- donate foods to the church pantry
- volunteer at a soup kitchen
- donate some of Nico's things to the House of Ruth
- make a donation to Toys for Tots
- take goodies to service workers on Christmas day
- watch a someone's children so they can go out to dinner or shopping
- thank a soldier- send a note/care package to a soldier (anysoldier.com)
- clear the snow off a neighbor's car
- give hot chocolate to a Salvation Bell Ringer
- pick up neighborhood trash
Remember when you had to go to an arcade with a pocket full of quarters to play a video game. Oh, those were the days. Well I was not a huge video game buff & I am still not that in to video games but there were a few games that struck my fancy. My absolute favorite was Centipede. I was a beast in centipede! I could roll that white ball and shoot the assorted flying objects like nobody's business. But the game that crossed my mind while navigating my way through the parking lot this morning was Frogger. Remember the game where the frog is trying to get across lanes of traffic without being run over. Well that was me and the students were the frogs...jumping out of places and darting across lanes. Playing it as a video game especially in an arcade is much better than experiencing the madness in the 7 o'clock hour!!!
1. I am really enjoying my new position at work. Although it is certainly more interaction with more teenagers, my day goes by a lot faster and I think that I am using my brain more. Win-win.
2. Cool parents. I am so glad that my parents are so wonderful. They are so eager to be active in Nico's life and I am so glad about it.
3. Finding $18 bucks in my pumping bag this morning was a pretty nice treat. And to think that I was broke this morning with $2 bucks in my work bag. So now I see why my hand was itching.
4. Rainy days. A pain to drive in this morning but the sleeping before it was heavenly.
5. I gotta return my Sigg bottle. If they don't send me the same one back, I hope they send me some cool one that I would have never picked out for myself. It will help me with getting out of my comfort zone.
6. Speaking of green living, Target is going to start giving a 5 cent credit if you use your own bags. Just like Giant does when you go to the grocery store. I will say that it is a pain to lug Nico, his bag and the canvas bags to Target but I try and now it will be doubly good.
The Cosby's have a special spot in my heart. They represent so much... a successful marriage with interesting kids and best of all the looked like me. Nope, my family was not like the Cosby's but we can all dream can't we. Every Thursday night The Cosby's transported my junior high mind to another place where problems were solved within thirty minutes and you could get a lesson and a laugh. I couldn't get enough of them.
So let me explain to you the comedy of errors that was my morning and when I say morning keep in mind all of this happened before 7 am. Unflippinbelievable! Without too much elaboration D dressed N while I was getting dressed, I hear N going poo after he is all dressed and ready to head out the door, I have to stop to change N (which includes removing sweat pants, unbuttoning his onesie and his shirt, changing the diaper, rebuttoning onesie, rebuttoning shirt, pulling up pants) all the while N is squirming away from me. Good times! So I finally get N, his bag, my work bag, lunch bag and RuPaul in the car and as I begin my drive my orange juice spills all over. I mean I was able to move my leg away quick enough to miss my dress and tights, but it went all over the console and the floor. UGH!! I need orange juice to start my day like coffee drinkers need their caffeine. Not a pretty start. And what was the ultimate was as I was driving I looked over and saw the Tropicana truck with the glistening orange and a straw. A tear, a tear!!!
On October 18th I will participate in the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure. I am looking forward to the walk and raising a little money for such an amazing cause. I am so fortunate that breast cancer has not touched my immediate circle, but I am certainly aware of the magnitude of this issue. I invite anyone who wants to join me to sign up. We can walk and then have a hearty lunch ;)
Aside from that, I was handed a most timely card while I was walking out of the service. It read and I am paraphrasing but "Put God in the center and everything will be alright". Reading that gave me pause. How often do I want things to be a certain way but that way is my will and not His will? And then I am frustrated/pissed or the like when things are not as I want them to be. SO with all of that being said, I am working on keeping Him in the center of all things.
Oh my gosh, this was my ish. I can still remember the order of the songs, the way LL looked in the video. Hell, I was going to be Mrs. James Todd Smith. I would not have even had to change my last name once we were married. This tape was almost worn out, I played it so much. If you needed a roughneck he was it in "I'm Bad" but he could melt your heart with "I need Love". LL was the complete package in this one. He put a fork in Kool Mo Dee and solidified my love affair that would last for years.
* You may notice the parental advisory on the corner*For me. it was kinda like an endorsement instead of a warning :)
Seriously, I used to rock these like every single day in high school. If Palmetto had an unofficial uniform it was jean cut off shorts, a white v-neck and KEDS with no socks. I had so many pairs. I think they were like 20 bucks.(I was pretty thrifty before it became trendy) They were a staple in my wardrobe. You had to wear them when they were fresh. If the white had lost some of its luster, you could wash them but beware sometimes washing them gave them the dreaded yellow tint. Ugh. I always ended up washing mine bc they would get hella smelly. Sweaty feet, Miami heat and canvas are a stinky explosion. Anyway. I remember these shoes fondly and they are my first Friday Flashback!!!