7.19.2015

Thoughts on the last days of my last pregnancy

Welp it is coming down to the end. My induction is scheduled, 7/29 if he doesn't decide  to come on his own before that date. I am getting so tired of being pregnant, I am uncomfortable and my sleeping is gone to hell. I try not to dwell on the bad things and I am so grateful to be a vessel for this new little boy. Speaking of the newest little one, I am so looking forward to holding him and seeing who he looks like and all that jazz. It will be interesting to see how his not so big sister and his big brother respond to him. I don't know if it has even sunk in to N that he is going to be a big brother again and Z has no idea what any of this means. Heck being a family of 5 is something that none of us have really any clue about. Double strollers, multiple car seats it is all very interesting.
As for doing this pregnancy thing for the last time it is really very bittersweet. I have all of the knowledge of what pregnancy is like and yet each pregnancy is different. In many ways this pregnancy has been super easy, no high-blood pressure like last time and I have been off of work since about 34 weeks. I have been able to relax and the other two are with my parents. I have the joy of being Advanced Maternal Age so I get all of the sonograms and doctor visits that a person could ever want. I get weekly glimpses of this little one and I am glad about that. He is growing so strong and all of the sonograms show no issues at all. So while I know this chapter is closing, I am looking forward to this new little one and seeing how he fits in around these parts.

1 comment:

  1. You made an amazing little boy to add to your collection ;) I totally get the bittersweetness of the last baby. I want time to slow down so bad...

    ReplyDelete