10.20.2011

Nat'l Day on Writing

Was mostly a success. Some smartie pants tried to steal my joy....that is the hazard of teaching high school boys I tell ya. But it was fantastic. My students wrote some phenomenal things...there were tears shed, depression was told to take a hike, they vented about school, parents and their super full schedules. The ones who stepped up to the challenge were so amazing.  I even got to share my lesson with my colleague and her class...they were the babies but they responded really well. I enjoyed them.
My favorite line that I used during today was:

"Words allude me" and it was in response to grown-ups and not the kiddos go figure!

Anyway the question of the day was, Why do you write?

I write to free my soul.

Tell me, tell me. Why do you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment