9.27.2011

First Quilted Pillow

I guess it would be more accurate to call it the first pillow ever. Not that pillows are the most complex sewing project, but they are new to me ;) I made a pillow for a birthday gift for my friend. I think I am in love with strip quilts. I feel quite satisfied when I get something down and a project like this allows me the instant gratification that I crave. I started this pillow yesterday after scouring some blogs for gift ideas. I don't have one specific one that did a quilted front and back but after talking through the process with my pal Beeps, I decided to quilt the back for stability. The verdict: I think everyone on my Christmas list is getting a pillow. I kid. I kid. Well I could change my mind on December 1st if I haven't formulated a gift making plan by that point.


8 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I love all the different shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! The blues came together beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love <3 I could use a new pillow (hint hint...a long one for my new leather chair) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a new follower!
    Compliments for your blog!

    If you like you can come and visit my blog


    http://nuvoledibellezza.com/


    I would be honored to have you among my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the pillow. I'm too scared to try something like that. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous! I love the different patterns and shades of blue that you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the blues. I've never quilted the back of a pillow. but it makes sense... I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete