7.13.2011

very close

My sewing machine and I have been getting very close lately. I have spent a lot of time with my seam ripper too. I mean why would that meanie want to be left out of the fun. I am busy working on some bigger things for the littlest people in my life. I will say that what these projects lack in skill they more than make up for it in love. I have been pouring my heart and soul into these things and hopefully I will be ready for a big reveal soon. I mean the clock is ticking here! My little boss will be back on Friday. Get it together Momma! So this morning to avoid what I really need to be doing I made something that I had been meaning to make for a bit. I made a crayon roll for my heart. I figure it will come in handy when we travel next week. Plus I needed something that I could finish in a few hours. I followed a tutorial from
The Pleated Poppy and while the tutorial was easy to follow, I did have a bit of an issue with the elastic. I kinda wish I would have used a ribbon instead,
less room for error if I do say so. But anyway. The best part of this craft, is it was pretty straight forward and it is really cute. I could see making them to put in birthday presents for little ones with assorted art supplies.
Oh well, back to the grind. I feel like I should name her (my machine) since we are becoming such great buddies.


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what else you have brewing. Love the crayon roll. I made something similar to hold a notepad and crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... that looks great! I love the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kris- I knew you would love the orange :)
    @Kristin- Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks AWESOME!!!!!
    Mar
    Peterborough, ON, Canada

    ReplyDelete