1.01.2014

2013: in review

Each year starts with the hope of something better than the year before. A chance to right some wrongs and grow in the process. Without even checking on a long lost post or trying to recall any real resolution, I would like to take a moment to look back on the year that was and how 2013 changed me.

* The biggest change was going from the momma of one amazing little boy to being the mom of one amazing little boy and one amazing little girl. Two is better than one. My heart grew to make room for her and she is all that I could have hoped for in a daughter. I really feared how my son would react to having to share the throne in the household but he has done well :)

*I learned that getting help is well helpful. Sometimes I have a do it all attitude and that can get a little overwhelming.This year I was all about the help. I hired a cleaning lady, assigned pic-up days for my husband and my mother came up for months to help out with the children. She helped stock the freezer before she left too. For all of this assistance I am  beyond grateful.

* I reevaluated some relationships and my expectations for those relationships. A big part was accepting that people don't always do what I want them to do or what I would do. Accepting this only frees me from crazy expectations.

Of course there was much more learning and growing but these are the big 3.

4 comments:

  1. SQUEEEEE!!!! A girl!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! so excited for you!!! I agree that two is better then one!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging! Lets do more of that in 2014~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your baby girl!!!! That's such wonderful news:)

    ReplyDelete